Sunday, March 15, 2009

Preparing to do P90X: Week 1

First off, I'd like to thank Shani Porter for making this possible lol 

This week I am starting P90x. 

P90X is an intensive fitness program designed by Tony Horton, and was recommended to me by my good friend Gregory. 

The program can transform your body in 90 days. You will be doing different moves and routines every day. They call this "muscle confusion." You will never get bored and your body will never plateau. This workout is ideal for me. This economy is insane! I don't have the money to spend on gym membership fees. This fitness program allows me to do everything from home. 

How it works: 

When you first start the program you have to choose which version you want to do.
A. Classic
B. Doubles
C. Lean 

The lean version, has more cardio and I have decided to go with this one! There are a total of 
12 P90X workout DVDs. Basically you do a different one each day for 6 days, on the 7th day you rest or do the stretch DVD. All of the work outs are about 1 hour 30 minutes long, except for the AB DVD which is shorter. 

What you need to buy:

The set (comes with the DVDs, Fitness Calendar, Nutrition Guide, you'll have to find and purchase resistance bands, a pull up bar, and dumb bells

I have decided NOT to buy the pull up bar because I don't really have any room for it, and I honestly believe no matter how hard I work I'll never be able to do one pull up, let alone more than one pull up lol I will use the bands in place of the pull up bar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment